We will open on 9th October to recruit for 2019.
All applications are through UCAS.
The South Downs School Direct Partnership: You apply directly to a school through The South Downs School Direct Partnership – code 2GH.
SCITT: You apply to The South Downs SCITT and we place you in our Partnership Schools – code 2AZ
Please see “About” page for details of our partnership schools
UCAS COURSE CODES 2019/20
SCITT – Apply to The South Downs SCITT and placed in a partnership school
School Direct – Apply to The South Downs School Direct Partnership
Key to school codes
– Durrington High School
A The Angmering School
J East Preston Junior School
K The Laurels Primary School
L Palatine School
N Thomas a Becket Junior School
Q Worthing High School
S Shoreham Academy
T The Littlehampton Academy
V Vale School
Apply 1: Apply 1: Opens 9th October 2018 – you can choose up to 3 training programmes
Apply 2: If you are unsuccessful in Apply 1 then you can apply to one training programme at a time.
- Standard equivalent to a Grade 4 or above in GCSE Mathematics and English (and Science for Primary).
- Degree of at least 2.2. For Secondary subjects if your degree is not in the subject that you wish to teach then you must hold an A level in that subject and we will support you to complete a Subject Knowledge Enhancement programme.
- Professional Skills Tests in Numeracy and Literacy completed before the start of the course.
- You will need to complete successful Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) checks and Health checks.
How can you gain School Experience?
- Through the School Experience Programme: https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/getting-school-experience
- Contact schools directly through the school website.
- All our successful applicants will be offered 2 weeks School Experience in July if they wish to spend some time in school.
- Please see the short film below for further details on applying for school led teacher training:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yi4JGwLSEU