All places have now been filled for 2019. Places for 2020 will open in October 2019 – more information to follow.
All applications are through UCAS.
The South Downs School Direct Partnership: You apply directly to a school through The South Downs School Direct Partnership – code 2GH.
SCITT: You apply to The South Downs SCITT and we place you in our Partnership Schools – code 2AZ
Please see “About” page for details of our partnership schools
UCAS COURSE CODES 2019/20
SCITT – Apply to The South Downs SCITT and placed in a partnership school
School Direct – Apply to The South Downs School Direct Partnership
SCITT – 2AZ
SCHOOL DIRECT – 2GH
Art & Design
364P (school – or A)
364R (school – , Q or T)
364S (school –, Q or T)
364Q (school – or A)
364N (school – , A or S)
362R (school A, Q or T)
35WH – Closed
362Y (school S) – Closed
362Z (school – or A)
362S (school –, A, Q or T)
362W (school – or A)
2Z23 – Closed
362V – Closed
362T (school – or A)
35WM – Closed
362X – Closed
364T (school –, Q or T)
3625 (school J, K, N, or V)
Key to school codes
– Durrington High School
A The Angmering School
J East Preston Junior School
K The Laurels Primary School
N Thomas a Becket Junior School
Q Worthing High School
S Shoreham Academy
T The Littlehampton Academy
V Vale School
Apply 1: Apply 1: Opens 9th October 2018 – you can choose up to 3 training programmes
Apply 2: If you are unsuccessful in Apply 1 then you can apply to one training programme at a time.
Standard equivalent to a Grade 4 or above in GCSE Mathematics and English (and Science for Primary).
Degree of at least 2.2. For Secondary subjects if your degree is not in the subject that you wish to teach then you must hold an A level in that subject and we will support you to complete a Subject Knowledge Enhancement programme.
Professional Skills Tests in Numeracy and Literacy completed before the start of the course.
You will need to complete successful Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) checks and Health checks.
How can you gain School Experience?
- Through the School Experience Programme: https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/getting-school-experience
- Contact schools directly through the school website.
- All our successful applicants will be offered 2 weeks School Experience in July if they wish to spend some time in school.
- Please see the short film below for further details on applying for school led teacher training:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yi4JGwLSEU
- Once an offer is confirmed for applicants where a Subject Knowledge Enhancement course is discussed as part of the interview, we would recommend a provider such as VIDLEARN. More details can be found on https://ske.online/
Get in touch