We will open on 26th October to recruit for 2018.
All applications are through UCAS.
The South Downs School Direct Partnership: You apply directly to a school through The South Downs School Direct Partnership – code 2GH
SCITT: You apply to The South Downs SCITT and we place you in our Partnership Schools – code 2AZ
PE IS CLOSED FOR SCHOOL DIRECT AND SCITT
Please see “About” page for details of our partnership schools.
Apply 1: Opens October 2017 – you can choose up to 3 training programmes
Apply 2: If you are unsuccessful in Apply 1 then you can apply to one training programme at a time.
- Grade C or above in GCSE Mathematics and English (and Science for Primary).
- Degree of at least 2.2. For Secondary subjects if your degree is not in the subject that you wish to teach then at least 50% of your degree must be in that subject. Additionally you must hold an A level in that subject at a good pass and we will support you to complete a Subject Knowledge Enhancement programme.
- Professional Skills Tests in Numeracy and Literacy completed before the start of the course.
- You will need to complete successful Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) checks and Health checks.
How can you gain School Experience?
- Through the School Experience Programme: https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/getting-school-experience
- Contact schools directly through the school website
- All our successful applicants will be offered 2 weeks School Experience in July.
- Please see the short film below for further details on applying for school led teacher training:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yi4JGwLSEU