COURSE CODES 2021/22
SCITT – Apply to The South Downs SCITT and placed in a partnership school
School Direct – Apply to The South Downs School Direct Partnership
|SUBJECT||SCITT – 2AZ||SCHOOL DIRECT – 2GH|
|Art & Design||39FK||364P (school -, A or T)|
|Biology||35WC||364R (school -, A or T)|
|Chemistry||35WF||364S (school -, A or T)|
|Computing||35WG||364Q (school -, A, S or T)|
|English||2Y3B||362R (school A or T)|
|Geography||35WH||362Y (school -, A or T)|
362S (school A or T)
|Physical Education||Closed||(school -, A or T)|
|Physics||2Y3F||364T (school -, A or T)|
|Primary||2Y3L||3625 (school E, J, N, Z)|
|Religious Education||E558||E998 (- or T)|
Key to school codes
– Durrington High School
A The Angmering School
E East Preston Infant School
J East Preston Junior School
N Thomas a Becket Junior School
S Shoreham Academy
T The Littlehampton Academy
V Vale School
Y Lyminster Primary School
Z Thomas A’Becket Infant School
Apply 1: Apply 1 Opens 13th October 2020 – you can choose up to 3 training programmes
Standard equivalent to a Grade 4 or above in GCSE Mathematics and English (and Science for Primary).
Degree of at least 2.2. For Secondary subjects if your degree is not in the subject that you wish to teach then you must hold an A level in that subject and we will support you to complete a Subject Knowledge Enhancement programme.
You will need to complete successful Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) checks and Health checks.
How can you gain School Experience?
- Through the School Experience Programme: https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/getting-school-experience
- Contact schools directly through the school website.
- All our successful applicants will be offered 2 weeks School Experience in July if they wish to spend some time in school.
- Please see the short film below for further details on applying for school led teacher training:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yi4JGwLSEU
- Once an offer is confirmed for applicants where a Subject Knowledge Enhancement course is discussed as part of the interview, we would recommend a provider such as VIDLEARN. More details can be found on https://ske.online/